Sending money to a BMO Harris account can be easy and convenient, as long as you have the right information. But with many banks having different routing numbers for different transactions and regions, it can be confusing to know which one to use.
That’s why I’ll break down everything you need to know to successfully send money to a BMO Harris account, from routing numbers to SWIFT codes and more.
Keep reading to make sure your transfer goes smoothly!
What’s my BMO Harris routing number?
The BMO Harris routing number for domestic and international wire transfers is 071025661.
This differs from other banks which often have different routing numbers depending on the state where you opened your account, as well as a different one for international transfers.
However, for BMO Harris, the routing number stays the same no matter where you opened your account or whether or not you’re doing a cross-border money transfer.
What’s the BMO Harris SWIFT code for international wire transfers?
BMO Harris does not publicly list its SWIFT code and while some sources indicate that it may be HATRUS44, this hasn’t been completely confirmed.
As such, I’d suggest that you instead check directly with BMO Harris before doing an international wire transfer, to make sure that you have the correct information. That way, there shouldn’t be any issues in your transfer going through.
You could also take the opportunity to double check that you have all of the other information you need to do an international wire transfer to a BMO Harris account. This generally includes:
- BMO Harris Bank’s SWIFT code
- The address of your BMO Harris Bank account
- The name and address of the account holder receiving the funds
- The BMO Harris account number of the recipient
- The amount and currency of the transfer
- Any additional information or instructions that may be required, such as the purpose of the transfer or any reference numbers or codes.
What’s the BMO Harris routing number for ACH transfers?
The routing number for ACH transfers with BMO Harris Bank is 071025661.
If you’re not sure if you need this, keep in mind that ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, which is an electronic network used by financial institutions to process various types of financial transactions in the United States.
An ACH transfer is an electronic funds transfer between bank accounts that uses this network. They’re commonly used for things like payroll deposits, bill payments, direct debits, and other types of recurring payments.
When you initiate an ACH transfer, your bank electronically transfers the funds to the recipient’s bank account using their routing number and account number.
ACH transfers are typically faster and more cost-effective than traditional paper checks, and they are a convenient way to make payments and manage your finances. However, it’s important to note that ACH transfers may take a few business days to clear, so it’s important to plan accordingly.
Find out more about
- Bank of America Routing Numbers (2023) – By State
- Chime Routing Numbers (2023): The Ultimate Guide
- Citibank Routing Numbers (by State): Ultimate Guide (2023)
- JPMorgan Chase Routing Numbers (2023): The Ultimate Guide
Are all BMO Harris routing numbers the same?
BMO Harris only has one routing number for domestic and international transfers: 071025661. This means that, unlike many other major banks, the BMO Harris routing number is the same no matter which transaction you plan to do.
Its SWIFT code is different though, so it’s a good idea to double check that with the bank directly if you plan on doing an international transfer to a BMO Harris bank account.
Find out more about: Wells Fargo Routing Numbers (2023) by State: Ultimate Guide
How to find your BMO Harris routing number
You can find your BMO Harris routing number in several ways:
- Check your BMO Harris Bank account statement: Your routing number is usually listed on the bottom left-hand corner of your account statement.
- Log in to BMO Harris Bank online banking: Your routing number should be listed in your account information or on your account summary page.
- Contact BMO Harris Bank customer service: You can call BMO Harris Bank customer service at 1-888-340-2265 and ask for your routing number.
- Look up BMO Harris Bank routing number online: You can use a search engine to look up BMO Harris Bank’s routing number for your state or region.
What is the difference between BMO and BMO Harris?
BMO and BMO Harris are both part of the Bank of Montreal (BMO) Financial Group, but they operate in different markets and have separate banking operations.
BMO (Bank of Montreal) is a Canadian-based financial institution that provides a wide range of banking, wealth management, and investment services to customers in Canada and around the world. BMO has a significant presence in Canada and also operates in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
BMO Harris Bank, on the other hand, is the US-based subsidiary of BMO Financial Group. BMO Harris Bank primarily serves customers in the United States, offering a range of personal and commercial banking products and services, including checking and savings accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards, and investment services.
While BMO and BMO Harris share a parent company and have a similar brand identity, they are separate entities with their own operations, management teams, and customer bases.