If you’ve ever heard of the Mistplay app but all you know is that it’s something that you can maybe make some money with, then this Mistplay review is for you.
I’ll cover all the basic questions you have, like what this app is and how it works. But is Mistplay legit? And how much can you make from Mistplay – really?
Well, I’ll go through all that below as well, including some great tips fro what you can do to get the most out of the Mistplay app.
Want to find other ways to make money with your phone? Here are our top picks for the best money-making apps out there:
- Swagbucks (includes a free $5 welcome bonus) – great for making money by playing games, watching videos and more
- Ibotta (includes a massive free $20 welcome bonus) – our favorite cashback app to get money back on things you’d be buying anyway, like groceries
- MyPoints (includes a free $5 welcome bonus) – an app with a huge range of money making opportunities
- SurveyJunkie – our pick for the highest paying survey app (including up to $150 for one hour of answering questions in a focus group)
What is Mistplay?
Mistplay is an app that offers users a platform to play games in order to earn points and then exchange them for gift cards from Amazon, XBox, Google Play, and others. Every game on Mistplay is based on gaming preferences and is free.
You can either focus on one game and stick to it or jump from game to game. This makes Mistplay a great app for two types of users – for focused gamers and those who prefer to dabble in a variety of games and their genres.
Mistplay was created by Henri-Charles Machalani in 2017 and has already surpassed 5+ million downloads. It also has more than 74K reviews and 4.4, star rating.
The app awards three types of currency, based on the use of the app:
- Units. It is the type of currency that users can redeem for rewards like Amazon gift cards. The more hours you spend in Mistplay by playing games, the more units you can earn and the more gift cards you can receive. You should keep in mind that the available rewards and their cost can change. The number of units you win for playing a game can also change. There is also a referral program that gives you the option to earn more units by referring a friend to the app.
- Game Experience Points (GXP). Whenever a user plays a game through the app, Mistplay gives them Game Experience Points. For example, if you spend an hour playing a Super Mario game, you will receive a GXP for this game. However, if you decide to switch to a different game, you will not have any GXP for the new game. The more GXP you have in a game, the more units you will receive by playing it. You receive GXP based on the amount of time you spend playing a game, not on your success or skill. That means you can still earn GXP even if you are not good at a game.
- Player Experience Points (PXP). These type of points are applied to your account as a whole and travels from game to game. This makes it completely different from GXP points. You earn points whenever you play a game through Mistplay. The purpose of PXP is to unlock different modification options.
Is Mistplay legit and safe?
Yes, Mistplay is absolutely safe and legit. By using this app and playing games, you can earn points and then redeem them for various gift cards and other rewards. Even though its payout is not as high as other online opportunities for making money, the app pays better than other similar apps in this category.
However, you should be aware that making money with this app will take time. This means that you may spend hours in order to earn enough units to cash them out.
How does Mistplay work?
In order to collect points, you need to play games. Then, you can use the points you earned to redeem various awards. However, in order to be able to do that, you need to gain the minimum amount of points set by Mistplay first.
All the games last a few minutes. There are also certain requirements that you need to approach in order to receive the points. When you finish a game or achieve a certain goal within the game, the system will automatically inform you about the results and your achievement.
You will have to write feedback on the game you played, answer special questions about the game, and describe your experience. It is mandatory to submit this summary, otherwise you will not receive your points. The aim here is for Mistplay to review that you actually did play the game and didn’t just click around so as to get to the end and earn your points.
How to get started with Mistplay
Whether you are using Mistplay for PC or its Android version, the process of installing the app is pretty much the same. The first thing you need to do is download the app. Then, it will ask you to input your date of birth and gender.
In order to allow Mistplay to run as needed, there are a few things that you may have to change on your phone. The reason for this is that the app wants to track your progress when you play games or when you reach certain levels. Therefore, you need to make sure you do the following:
- Turn off power saving mode.
- Display Mistplay Above Other Apps. You also need to make sure that Mistplay has priority over other apps in your smartphone.
It is also important to know that currently there is no Mistplay iOS version. So if you are an owner of an iPhone or iPad, you cannot use this app.
Once the app is installed, you need to open it and create your personal account. There are only two options to do this – through a Facebook or Gmail account.
As soon as your account is registered and activated, you will be able to see the list of games that are currently available at Mistplay. It is important to know that the games you can see are determined by your actual location and the country you are in. This is because there are game developers who create their games for specific geographical markets.
You may also be interested in: 15 Proven Ways to Get Paid to Text to Make Quick Cash
How to redeem units?
If you’ve earned enough units, you can redeem them for a variety of gift cards offered by Mistplay.
The values of gift cards range from $0.5 to $25 and up. The value you can get for a single unit varies with the type of gift card you get and the amount you redeem at once.
Usually, a gift card for such specific stores as Amazon or Best Buy gives you more value per unit than redeeming for a Visa prepaid card.
One great point to note here is that you can also redeem your units for a PayPal gift card. This is basically the same as getting actual cash, given you can use it in the same way, so can be a good option if you don’t want your earnings to be tied to a specific retailer. Just check the “conversion rate” from the units you’ve earned to make sure it’s worthwhile compared to getting a store-specific gift card.
Related: 39 Legit Ways to Make $20 Instantly
How much can you make from Mistplay?
It is possible to earn up to $50 of rewards per month, but this will require a lot of game time. Users who make $30 and more per month are usually experienced gamers. They usually prefer to focus on one game only in order to max out the GXP they earn.
You cannot control the amount of points you receive every time when you play a game, but it is possible to control the amount of time you spend by playing games.
It is important to understand that Mistplay is not a money-making app. You can earn minimal amounts of money, and you are rewarded in gift cards instead of hard cash.
On average, in order to make the first $10, it will take you approximately 19 hours of game time, which is about $0.57 per hour of playing games with the Mistplay app.
You may also be interested in: 7 Proven Ways to Make Money on Steam
What games are on Mistplay?
Are you wondering what games you can plan on Mistplay? There are all kinds of games available, and new games are also added regularly. Here is a list of Mistplay games categories:
- Strategy games – the type of games that relies mainly on strategy.
- Casual games – characterized by shorter sessions and simpler rules.
- Puzzles – the type of games that tests problem-solving skills, pattern recognition, logic, etc.
- Word games – the games that are usually designed to test ability with the language
- Arcades – games with addictive gameplay and challenge
- Casino – online casino games and slot machines
- Single player and multiplayer games – games with either one or a group of gamers.
You can download as many games as you want, and they all are tracked in the “Keep playing” tab. The most popular Mistplay games are Fruit Ninja, Solitaire, Wordscapes, Candy Crush Saga, Super Mario Run, chess, Pokemon Go, and others.
How do I get the most out of Mistplay?
Obviously, the more hours you spend by playing games on Mistplay the more money you will make. However, there are also some others tricks that will help you maximize your profit with this app:
- Make sure that you play at least five minutes every day. Even if you play just a little bit every day, you will have enough points to redeem your award within a couple of weeks.
- Play the games with high multipliers. The unit multiplier shows the amount of units you receive once you reach the next level. The higher the multiplier, the more units you will have.
- With the help of milestones and badges you can earn bonus points. Therefore, it is recommended to check each game to see what milestones it offers.
- Choose boosted games, in which the payout gets bigger for a limited amount of time.
- Remember that you can only play for up to two hours per day to accumulate the game experience points. Once this time limit is reached, you will have to switch to a different game in order to keep making money.
- You have to play the games from within Mistplay if you want to earn points. If you just opened the app from your phone without going through Mistplay, you will not be registered and will not receive any points. Unfortunately, it is one of the most common mistakes that many users make.
What is the fastest way to get points in Mistplay?
The fastest way to earn points in Mistplay is to keep playing the games every day, at least five minutes a day. If you play seven days in a row, you will receive a unit bonus. Your weekly bonuses will also increase as your streak gets longer.
There are also some other ways to earn. For example, you can complete streaks where you will play several games for a certain amount of days in a row. Your goal will be to hit the streak target. Once you accomplish that, you will receive a bonus.
Mistplay also gives a welcome bonus and bonuses for signing up for the email newsletter and following Mistplay on social media.
In addition, there are also contests organized by Mistplay, where users compete in a specific game. If you win a contest, you can receive thousands of units. For this reason, contests are very lucrative for competitive and experienced gamers.
Finally, there are also Mistcodes that can be found in email newsletters and social media. You can redeem these codes for small Unit bonuses.
What is the catch with Mistplay?
The main disadvantage of this app is that you cannot redeem the points you make for cash so, despite being advertised as such, it’s not actually a money making app. This is because there are only three options available for you – Steam Credits, Visa cards, and Fortnite V-bucks.
This means that even though there is a possibility to use gift cards to purchase things in these popular stores, Mistplay cannot be considered an actual source of income.
Is Mistplay a con?
No, Mistplay is a legitimate rewards app that pays its users as promised, even though there are negative reviews on Mistplay on different internet resources, including Trustpilot. According to certain Mistplay reviews on Trustpilot, it takes too long to earn points on Mistplay and users’ accounts often get blocked after redeeming points.
At the same time, Mistplay has been in operation for over three years, so which suggests that Mistplay is legit given how long it’s been.Moreover, further evidence that Mistplay isn’t a scam is highlighted by its excellent reviews and ratings that can be seen on the Google Play Store.
What are apps like Mistplay?
If playing games on Mistplay is not enough for you, there are other apps that are considered good Mistplay alternatives. Here is the list of them:
- Swagbucks. It is a loyalty-program and rewards operator that allows you to make some cash and free gift cards by using the Swagbucks app and taking surveys. It has a variety of rewards and multiple earning options – including a $5 welcome bonus.
- MyPoints. It is one of the oldest cashback websites that was established in 1996 in partnership with United Airlines. Today, it is one of the leaders of online shopping rewards. You can try different payment options in order to earn points towards a gift card and you’ll even get a free $10 Amazon gift card if you use MyPoints to buy basically anything online in your first 30 days after joining.
- InboxDollars. It is another legitimate cash rewards website that is geared towards people who want to make some extra cash from home. In order to earn cash, users must complete different online tasks, including filling out surveys. Compared to Mistplay, this app has a higher earning potential. It claims that if you spend no more than 10 minutes a day by completing different tasks, you will be able to make $50 a month – and that’s not even including the free $5 sign on bonus.
- Dabbl. It is a mobile app that gives you an opportunity to make some extra cash by completing easy and quick tasks, such as watching videos, playing interactive games, and completing quizzes. It is a completely legit platform, with the help of which you can get various gift cards.
- Drop. It’s a free reward app that allows you to receive rewards for shopping online or in-store at your favorite stores. With the Drop app, every time you shop at your favorite brands, you get rewarded automatically.
- Lucktastic. This app is available for both Android and iOs devices. Unlike Mistplay, the primary way to earn rewards while using Lucktastic is by scratching cards. This task will take only a few seconds, but you will have to watch an ad before scratching. Find out more in our Lucktastic review.
Are apps like Mistplay legit?
Many apps like Mistplay are legit. In particular, those that have millions of users and that have paid out tens of millions of dollars give you a unique opportunity to earn cash and rewards by playing games, buying things, or completing small tasks. You can then exchange the points you earned for different gift cards.
For example, Swagbucks has paid out over $540 million since it was established, including over 7,000 gift cards every day. If it wasn’t legit, there’s no way that number would be that big.
Mistplay review: Overall thoughts
Even though some people online have raised the question of whether it’s a scam, Mistplay is legit. In fact, as you’ve hopefully seen from our Mistplay review, this app is actually different from many other money-making apps.
That is, while it may not pay you actual hard cash, you can exchange the points you earned by playing online games for gift cards. However, as with any other app, it has its own advantages and disadvantages that should be taken into consideration:
Let’s talk about the Mistplay benefits first:
- Receive rewards for playing games. The more games you play, the more points you receive, and the more gift cards you can get. It is a great method to earn money and have fun at the same time. You do not have to have any skills in order to play Mistplay games because they all are easy to understand.
- Discover and try new games. You can choose a game from the specific Mixtlist that is generated by the app based on the user’s gaming preferences and location. With the help of Mistplay, you can discover new games that you have never played before and enjoy the process of playing.
- Mistplay is absolutely free. For this reason, it is considered one of the best free apps for earning rewards. All you need to do to start using this app is to go to the Google Play Store and download the app.
- This app is also a great way to socialize and make new friends.
- There is a great variety of different games, including arcades, strategic games, word games, quizzes, and others. With this variety, you will never get bored.
- The app received thousands of positive reviews and can boast millions of downloads.
- There is an exciting new feature called “Mistplay Status”. This feature allows you to earn units and benefits based on in-game purchases. Those who have Mistplay Status can also enjoy Loyalty Gems.
Unfortunately, just like any other app or service, Mistplay has certain disadvantages, and here is a list of the main ones:
- It is impossible to earn a lot by playing Mistplay games. The maximum amount that you can make per month is $50. Moreover, you cannot redeem hard cash. All you can do is to exchange the units you earned for different gift cards from Amazon, XBox, Google Play, and others.
- There are age limitations. You have to be eighteen in order to download Mistplay and play its games. If they find out that you are under eighteen, your account will be terminated, and Mistplay will rescind all the awards you have earned.
- Your location matters. Your physical location has an impact on the variety and number of games that are available to you.
If you have a smartphone, and you like playing games, it is a good idea to download Mistplay and try to earn units by trying different fun games. It is not a bad deal to receive a gift card for playing games and entertaining yourself during downtime.
However, at the same time it is important to understand that Mistplay is not a money-making app, and you will not be able to redeem the points you earned for cash. If your goal is to make some extra cash, there are other ways and methods to use your phone to make money.
It’s always important to note with the various ways to make money on your phone like the Mistplay app that you’re probably not going to get rich from doing this.
That is, if your goal is purely to make money, there are far more effective ways to spend your time where you can earn much more per hour.
At the same time, if you’re the kind of person who likes to play games on your phone while commuting to work or while on the couch half-watching Netflix, then Mistplay could be perfect for you. After all, if you’d be playing those games anyway, then why not make a few extra dollars from doing so?
This means that while this isn’t exactly passive, you’d be making money from something you’d be doing anyway. And if that sounds pretty good to you, then Mistplay is definitely a legit option for a great way to spend your free time.