As you’ll see from this super comprehensive Proofread Anywhere review, this course is a great way to start your own proofreading business to earn some money on the side or even build a career. My overall thoughts on this course are definitely positive, as it provided me with a lot more guidance than I was expecting.
This is the proofreading course for anyone who is looking to build a thriving, flexible work-from-home career. In particular, I think that the course does a great job in both training you as a proofreader and also helping you to build a robust freelance career. I am super excited about my prospects now having completed the course!
Proofreading isn’t for everyone. For example, having a keen eye for detail is critical here, so if that sounds like you, Proofread Anywhere will help you build a great new business!
I recommend starting with the free seminar to check out what it’s all about!
This free workshop involves Caitlin sharing her expert tips on things like the easiest way to attract proofreading clients and the signs that proofreading could be your perfect work from home job.
It’s also great for giving you enough insight to determine if it’s worthwhile for you to move forward with the Proofread Anywhere Course!
What is Proofread Anywhere?
Proofread Anywhere is a self-paced, online course that educates the participant on how to create and build a proofreading business. It provides a great roadmap for anyone who is interested in finding a profitable online career, including fairly comprehensive training on how to start a successful freelance business.
And as the founder of the course states, it’s a great fit for “word nerds”! It also includes training modules for a Transcription Proofreading Course that is much more involved than the standard proofreading training. I found those modules to be amazingly helpful and often refer back to them.
If you are looking to leave an office job for a prospect with more future potential and flexibility, it’s worth checking out the Proofread Anywhere course. You can keep your current job and complete the course in your free time before taking the leap to a freelance career!
What’s included in the Proofread Anywhere course?
Really, the course includes just about everything that you need to know to get started! I am still really impressed with how thorough the course is and how much practical information I learned!
It’s set up in modules and is entirely self-paced. You can breeze through sections that seem straightforward to you. You are also able to take as much time as you need for the more challenging modules.
These are the modules that comprise the course:
- Module 1 – Introduction to General Proofreading: In this section, participants will find out more about important topics like editing and proofreading and how they are different; who your potential clients will be; the skills that lend themselves well to proofreading, the skills that you will need to hone to be successful; common terms that are often misused, and what the regular workday of a proofreader looks like.
- Module 2 – Successful Proofreader Mindset Workshop: This module contains a deep dive into discussing the industries that require proofreaders as well as explaining the jargon that many proofreaders use.
- Module 3 – Proofreading Basics: Participants will learn a lot of grammar in this module! Topics include when to use a comma rather than a semicolon, common grammar mistakes, and tips for proper punctuation, spelling (both British and American English), and tense agreement.
- Module 4 – Proofreading Methods & Practice: This straightforward module is dedicated to proofreading methods; it also contains a number of exercises that can be used to test how well you have grasped the concepts.
- Module 5 – Turning Proofreading Into A Business: The most important module of all! This section contains everything that you need to know to get started as a professional proofreader. Topics such as creating websites, resumes, building a portfolio, and setting rates are covered extensively.
- Module 6 – Finding Clients: Another key module! Learn how to join groups and organizations and use social media tools to get your business off the ground and thriving.
- Module 7 – Job Workflow: Participants will gain a better understanding of how to sustain and grow their business by effectively managing workflow and time management.
- Module 8 – Thriving As A Freelancer: In this module, you will learn how to set up your schedule and manage your daily workflow with an eye toward business development and gaining professional confidence.
- Module 9 – Wrap Up Everything You’ve Learned + Exam: In this module, you will receive an examination for evaluation. This test covers both competence and aptitude and I found it really helpful for measuring my strengths and weaknesses after taking the course.
- Bonus Lessons: This nifty section contains information on taxes, confidence, and a list of words that are commonly misspelled.
- Even More Bonus Lessons: There’s more! This section is a compendium of mindset workbooks and workshops plus Level 1 of the Transcript Proofreading Course: Theory and Practice. If you are interested in the Transcription Course, which also looks amazing, it includes the following modules.
The Transcription Proofreading Course is a completely separate course. Because it is such a specialized field, the course is much more involved. In fact, it contains two different module sections: Theory and Practice.
- Section 1 – Theory: The Theory section goes over all you need to learn to be able to check transcripts manually. This section also provides everything you need to know about punctuation rules that are specific to the transcription niche. It’s a pretty intense training module. In addition, you will learn the process of transcript production and the complex role of a court reporter. This section is key for anyone who is looking to pursue this lucrative career path.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Transcription Proofreading: There are a number of different terms and roles that are unique to the world of transcription. This introductory module is a great overview of the industry as a whole, and how you can effectively operate within it.
- Module 2 – The Nuts and Bolts of Transcripts: This module is perfect for anyone who does not have a lot of familiarity with transcription and all of its facets. Upon completion of the section, you will have gained a greater understanding of the life of a transcriptionist. It also lays the groundwork for the skills that you will need to acquire to be successful.
- Section 2 – Practice Section: This module allows you to put the theoretical concepts that you have learned into practice. Many people need to go back and review modules from the Theory section. This is nothing to worry about! There is a lot to learn. Think of the Practice section as just that, practice. You will gain a better understanding of what concepts you clearly understand and those that you should probably review a bit more.
- Modules 3 & 4 – Marking Up Transcripts: Just as the title suggests, this module reviews how to mark up, review, and proofread transcripts.
- Module 5 – Simulation Transcripts: This section shares tips on how to double-check proper nouns. It also includes a self-assessment and a quiz to help you gauge your progress.
- Module 6 – Corresponding Within the Court Reporting Profession: Here, you will learn how to interface with the other people in the transcription world, such as court reporters and other legal figures.
- Module 7 – Billing and Accounting Procedures, Final Examinations: In this module, the course lays out how to set rates, how to create invoices, and some tax tips. This is also where you will find the final examination for the transcription course.
- Module 8 – Marketing: All successful businesses require robust marketing, and transcription is no different. In this module, you will learn everything you need to know to create and implement a successful marketing campaign for your growing business.
- Module 9 – Final Lesson: You made it! This wrap-up contains a multitude of tips and insights that can help you as you build your new business!
How much does Proofread Anywhere cost?
Caitlin Pyle’s proofreading course costs are broken down into two different levels, Ignite and Ignite Plus. Well, maybe three levels if you include the Transcription Course level. Ignite is $497, Ignite Plus is $597, and the Transcription Course is $1,174. There is a payment plan available which seems pretty reasonable and there is also a free workshop.
The Proofread Anywhere course isn’t the very cheapest around although, to be honest, I think that is a reflection of its value. It’s incredibly obvious that the author took a lot of time in creating the course and has a lot of knowledge to share.
For those who are interested in the more expensive Transcription course, there is also a “pay as you go” option. Overall, the pricing is fair and Caitlin Pyle makes it easy for you to get the knowledge and information you need for a fair and reasonable price.
Is there any discount currently available for Proofread Anywhere?
While it’s rare to find a Proofread Anywhere sale at any point, you can still get a discount. Specifically, when I signed up for the free workshop, I was offered a $100 discount off the full course cost.
Is Proofread Anywhere legit?
In my opinion, Proofread Anywhere is definitely legit! Before I purchased the course, I read a ton of proofreading course reviews and it’s clear here that people get what they pay for. In addition, Proofread Anywhere, according to the Better Business Bureau, is absolutely legit. Caitlin Pyle is a successful author who has created a rather successful proofreading business.
Of course, it seems like every online course has some complaints; that’s why the free trial seminar is such a great option! Just check that out and see if the overall course makes sense for you.
But when she first started out, Caitlin was amazingly successful in this field. Because of this success, she thought she would share her knowledge with other people. What started out as a book has now turned into the successful online course that is Proofread Anywhere.
I think that because she has done all of the things that she is teaching, the course is much more beneficial. I like the fact that she knows what people are going through as they begin their new part time online careers as proofreaders.
Proofread Anywhere controversy
The only real ” controversy” that I saw about Proofread Anywhere were a few negative reviews that I found when I was doing my due diligence. The proofreading course reviews that were negative about Proofread Anywhere centered mainly on the fact that the course does not provide any refunds.
I also saw some comments about how the information was readily available elsewhere on the internet for free. I disagree with this statement, as there is no way that I would ever have been able to track down all of the helpful stuff that’s in the course!
If you are concerned about getting a refund, I would suggest trying out the free intro course before spending any money at all.
Proofread Anywhere course reviews: What do others say?
There are a lot of Proofread Anywhere reviews on Reddit. As with anything else, there are some that are positive and others that are negative. The Proofread Anywhere negative reviews are, in my opinion, pretty mild.
Here are a few that I saw when I was making the decision whether or not Proofread Anywhere is right for me.
- “If you’re serious about proofreading as a viable source of income, then take the course.”
- “I bought the class, but haven’t completed it.”
There are a few comments about the fact that the course is self-paced and signing up for the free workshop is definitely worth the time. At the conclusion of the workshop, after you’ve completed everything, you will likely be offered a discount if you want to move forward with purchasing the course.
This is why, if you are feeling hesitant, the best thing to do, I think, is to go ahead and complete the trial workshop.
Even after I conducted a lot of online research, I was still unsure. Luckily, Proofread Anywhere allows you to check out what the course is all about for free. And, it wasn’t just the course I was wondering about. I wasn’t entirely sure if proofreading was the right career for me. Fortunately, after learning more about it through the trial, I decided to move forward.
Proofread Anywhere vs Proofreading Academy
Both of these courses seem pretty great. However, when I was doing my research it definitely became apparent that while both Proofread Anywhere and Proofreading Academy will give you the knowledge and skills to become a competent proofreader, Proofreading Anywhere is the much stronger option when it comes to building a business.
So, whether Proofreading Anywhere is the “best proofreading course” may be subjective, but it is definitely best for my needs.
Because I want to build a career and a business with this as a stay at home job, I found that Proofread Anywhere best met those needs. I imagine that for someone that is just looking to make a little money on the side it may not matter.
Does Proofread Anywhere offer jobs?
No, Proofread Anywhere does not offer or find jobs. This is because it’s a training course rather than a job board. However, if you opt for the Ignite Plus course, you will be registered for inclusion in a number of different professional groups. These groups, such as self-publishers, serve as feeder groups.
There are plenty of proofreading jobs available, and the course is very explicit about where to find them!
Signing up with professional organizations is a great way to get started. As you build your portfolio and gain more experience, it becomes easier to secure private, freelance clients. From there, it becomes much easier to build your business up, allowing you to see just why many consider this to be one of the highest paying online jobs.
Proofread Anywhere review: Pros and cons
As with anything in life, there will be pros and cons. The same is true when it comes to online courses and career options. I found that the pros definitely outweighed the cons. However, there are still a few cons that come along with the Proofread Anywhere course.
Take a look at my thoughts below, but remember, it’s important to do your own due diligence and make your own decisions!
Pros of Proofread Anywhere
- Gives you the skills to become a competent proofreader
- Provides a lot of information on how to build a successful freelance career
- Warns of common pitfalls and how to avoid them
Cons of Proofread Anywhere
- Expensive/not free
- You have to find your own jobs
- There are some typos in the course which does seem a bit ridiculous from a proofreading expert!
Your list will likely be different from mine, but it’s an exercise worth doing. As you look at what you like and don’t like about the course, you will probably feel more confident in your choice.
My overall thoughts? I think that the best way to decide if Proofread Anywhere is right for you is to complete the free trial seminar. That way, you’ll get a good idea of what the course will involve – plus you’ll be offered a $100 discount on the full course cost!
Is the Proofread Anywhere course worth it?
Absolutely! I have always wanted to work for myself, and Proofread Anywhere has given me a road map to accomplish that goal. The cost of the course was easily offset by earnings that wouldn’t have been possible without Proofread Anywhere.
If you are serious about starting a freelance or work-from-home career, I can’t recommend Proofread Anywhere enough. Because of the amount of content that is being created these days, there will likely always be a need for competent proofreaders.
This Proofread Anywhere review pretty much sums up my experience with the course. Anyone who is interested in good grammar and likes to work with words is a great candidate for this type of career. One of the things that I liked most about the course was the way it presented proofreading as a career rather than just a side gig.
Sign up for the free seminar today and find out if a future in proofreading is right for you!